Embrace the legacy and make your mark on history with the UB-Xa from Behringer. More than just a recreation of a classic synthesizer, the UB-Xa has all the bells, whistles and characteristics that came with the original, but it’s also filled to the brim with modern features such as velocity and after-touch, 512 user program memories and comprehensive MIDI implementation. This makes for a well-rounded synth that’ll make friends with anything in your setup.
To recreate its iconic growl and sizzle, Behringer dove deep into the inner workings of the original OB-Xa and brought them into the 21st century including all its original factory patches that made the 80s roar. Thanks to its VCOs and VCFs heavily based on the original 3340 and 3320 chip designs, 16 voices and the ability to split its keyboard so you can layer 2 different sounds, the UB-Xa is capable of conjuring up massive sounding riffs.
The UB-Xa is a synth like no other that stands on the shoulders of giants! Its legacy is what gave birth to the 80s most iconic hits from the world’s most famous artists! From Rush’s Geddy Lee, The Police, Prince to Van Halen, and even the iconic Terminator theme composed by Brad Fiedel, the UB-Xa’s lineage is filled only with the greats and now you can make your own mark on history as well.
The UB-Xa comes with 61 full-sized, semi-weighted keys with polyphonic after touch and velocity sensitivity which detect every nuance of your playing from soft, feather-like touches to an intense chordal bombardment. The 8-channel modulation matrix provides you with the extreme flexibility and expands what the UB-Xa can do sonically. The 26 rotary controls plus a myriad of other functions give you direct control over the UB-Xa’s VCOs, LFOs, ADSR generators and VCAs to sculpt your sound in a nigh-on unlimited number of ways.
Finding that tone you’ve been looking for after an amazing hour (or four) of tweaking and noodling is one of the most rewarding things when playing a synth. Which is why we’ve included up to 512 user program memories that allow you to save any setting you can come up with. You can even assign them to any of the pre-set recall switches so you can change pre-sets on the fly, in the middle of a jam.
• Classic Analog 16-Voice Multi-Timbral Polyphonic Synthesizer with 8 Vintage Modes, Dual VCFs and 61-Key Poly After-Touch Keyboard
• Analog polyphonic synthesizer and authentic reproduction of classic OB-Xa including original factory patches
• Vintage mode allows selection of 8 synthesizer signatures including OB-Xa, OB-8 and more
• 16 voices with 2 VCOs per voice and oscillator sync mode
• Multi-timbral capability allows splitting or layering 2 different sounds
• Both VCOs generate sawtooth, triangle or square waveforms with variable pulse width
• Selectable dual-slope 12/24 dB analogue low-pass filter per voice with adjustable resonance
• 61 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring poly after-touch and velocity sensitivity
• Flexible 8-channel modulation matrix for dramatic expansion of sonic possibilities
Behringer and the Playing for Change Foundation have teamed up, and with your help, will bring positive change directly to people around the globe through music.
Behringer just released their flagship synthesizer UB-Xa, continuing their vision to make music affordable for everybody.
Here’s where you can change the story: If you can afford to pay more, you can donate what would be Behringer’s profit. Any amount makes a difference. Behringer will double each donation up to an additional $1,000,000 (USD) through to December 1st 2024.
Your donation will create lasting change in real people’s lives through the power of music.
Please note, all $ values on the Playing for Change Foundation are USD and refer to US pricing.