The BOSS ME series has been a favourite of performing guitarists for over three decades, combining multi-effects power with intuitive hands-on control for crafting tones in seconds. The ME-90 is the most advanced ME model to date, offering exceptional audio quality with 24-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating point processing, flagship-grade AIRD amp models, IR loading, an effects loop, and more. Compact, battery-powered, and filled with premium BOSS tones, this versatile all-in-one processor makes it easy to build customisded sound setups for every playing situation.
– All-in-one guitar processor with premium BOSS amps and effects
– Easy stompbox-style sound creation with an intuitive knob-based interface
– Superior sound quality with 24-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 48 kHz sampling rate
– Eleven onboard AIRD amp models and 60 different effects derived from the flagship GT-1000
– Dedicated amp section plus seven simultaneous effect categories with multiple types to choose from
– Edit parameters, swap out amp and effect types, and more with BOSS Tone Studio
– Eight multi-function footswitches and a newly redesigned expression pedal with toe switch
– 36 ready-to-play preset patches and 36 user patches for storing custom setups
– Manual mode for pedalboard-style operation and Memory mode for switching complete patch setups
– Rear-panel switch to optimize the audio outputs for a guitar amp or full-range sound system
– Load up to three user speaker IRs with the ME-90 IR Loader software for Windows/macOS
– Send/return loop for external pedals
– Light, durable design and colorful status LEDs
– Powered via four AA batteries or optional AC adaptor
– USB-C connector for communicating with BOSS Tone Studio and audio recording/playback with music production software
– Download and share ME-90 Livesets at BOSS Tone Exchange
– Optional Bluetooth® Audio MIDI Dual Adaptor allows you to edit sounds and stream audio from an iOS or Android mobile device
For optimal performance, stay up to date with the current ME-90 system software and BOSS Tone Studio.
Fast Sound Creation
With its knob-driven interface and diverse effects selection, the ME-90 lets you build configurations and tweak tones with the ease of a stompbox-filled pedalboard—without the hassle of fastening tape, power distribution, and multiple connection cables. Just dial up an amp model or effect type within a category and turn the knobs to get the sound you want. There are 36 preset patches with ready-to-play pro tones, plus 36 user patches for storing your custom creations.
Flexible Real-Time Control
The ME-90 features eight footswitches with smooth, quiet operation and an expression pedal with an integrated toe switch. Use Memory mode to call up complete patch setups with the footswitches, and then switch to Manual mode for direct on/off control of each effect category within the patch. The footswitch LEDs light in different colors for quick identification in the heat of a performance. It’s also possible to set all LEDs to light in a fixed color for each mode if desired.
High-Quality BOSS Effects
The ME-90 puts a massive library of BOSS effects at your command, offering seven different categories filled with selections derived from the flagship GT-1000. Everything you need is here, from overdrives and distortions to pitch/mod effects, delays, and high-quality reverbs. You also get 11 dedicated Pedal FX, a looper, and specialized effects such as acoustic simulation and down tuning. There are 60 effect types in total, with access to over 20 more via BOSS Tone Studio. A send/return loop is available for external pedals, complete with the ability to save the on/off status in patches and place the loop before or after amp models in the signal chain.
Premium Amp Sounds with AIRD Technology
Along with its effects, the ME-90 includes amp models ported from the GT-1000, driven by our advanced AIRD technology for authentic tube tone and touch response. Eleven onboard amp types offer everything from clean combo sounds to punishing high-gain stacks, and you can access more selections in BOSS Tone Studio. Each amp includes a dedicated cab sound for connecting to a PA or recording device, and you can load three of your favorite speaker IRs to personalize sounds to your taste.
Edit, Customize, and Expand
BOSS Tone Studio for macOS and Windows extends your creative range, allowing you to edit tones and change out some amp and effect types with alternate selections. In addition, you can save and organize patches for different gigs, download pro setups at BOSS Tone Central, and swap patches with the ME-90 community on BOSS Tone Exchange. The ME-90 also supports the optional Bluetooth® Audio MIDI Dual Adaptor, enabling you to stream music from a mobile device and wirelessly shape tones using the dedicated BTS editor app for iOS and Android.
Light, Durable, and Ready to Travel
The ME-90 is lighter than its previous generation model while maintaining the rock-solid durability that BOSS is famous for. The expression pedal has been newly redesigned as well for even finer parameter control. You can power the processor with four AA batteries or an optional AC adaptor, and a rear-panel switch instantly optimizes the outputs for use with a guitar amp or a full-range sound system such as a PA. And along with BOSS Tone Studio communication, the USB-C output allows you to use the ME-90 as a computer audio interface for your go-to music production software.