Jimi Hocking checks out the new Vox Night Train 50 Amp Head for us.
This powerful, all-tube head offers two channels for traditional and high-gain sounds. The VOX Night Train Series projects a powerful personality with its mirror-finish metallic exterior and serious all-tube sound. Now welcome our new 50 Watt model: the Night Train 50. Unlike the existing Night Train (15W) model – or even the AC15 and AC30 Custom Series – the Night Train 50 features EL34 tubes in the power stage, producing a tight, robust sound. Of course, the Night Train 50 also covers the traditional VOX sound, and its rich array of sonic variation makes it such a great and versatile choice for so many guitarists.
VOX Night Train 50 Amp Head Features and Specifications:
• All-tube, two channel head featuring Class AB amplifier construction
• Stylish design with eye-catching mirror finish
• 12AX7 (x4) preamp tubes; EL34 (x2) power stage tubes
• BRIGHT channel provides the traditional VOX chime; plus a THICK switch which bypasses the EQ for more gain
• GIRTH channel delivers an energetic powerful high-gain tone
• Master TIGHT switch cuts the low end to tighten the overall sound
• FX loop with tone-saving true bypass
• Optional VFS2A footswitch; Switch between channels or turn the BRIGHT channel’s THICK mode on and off
Check out more Vox gear here