Surround Sound is a band competition for students from secondary schools in rural and remote areas in NSW. This competition is administered by The Arts Unit of the Department of Education. Create NSW has partnered with the Australian Music Association and The Arts Unit, Department of Education to offer a unique opportunity for Schools who entered the Surround Sound competition to be a part of Make Music Day celebrations.
Schools who enter the Surround Sound competition and also upload their video entry to the Make Music Day website are eligible for one of the four prizes which includes:
• Taylor Academy 12e Acoustic Guitar
• Yamaha P45B Keyboard
• Kawai ES110 Digital Piano
• Fender Player Lead II Electric Guitar
Make Music Day is a free celebration of music making around the world, taking place on 21 June each year. Launched in 1982 in France as the Fête de la Musique, it is now held on the same day in more than 800 cities in 120 countries. It is now in its fourth year in NSW.
Make Music Day is open to anyone who wants to take part. It’s a DIY Music Festival! Every kind of musician — young and old, amateur and professional, of every musical persuasion — can organise their own gig, or join the many organisations that will host events, to share their music with friends, neighbours and now with regional high schools in NSW.
Steps to Enter the Surround Sound for the Make Music Day Prize Draw
1.Enter the Surround Sound band competition by submitting your video entry.
Details can be found https://artsteam.schools.nsw.gov.au/music/surround-sound.html
2. Once you’ve entered the Surround Sound band competition, upload your entry to the Make Music Day website before the 20 June 2021 to be included in the prize draw.
• Go to the Make Music Day website https://makemusicaustralia.org.au to upload your video
• Register your participation on the event page https://makemusicaustralia.org.au/nswsurroundsound-submit/
• Post your video and add the hashtags #MakeMusicDay #MakeMusicOZ #CreateNSW
• All entries received by the 20 June will go into a draw for the prizes.
• Prizes will be drawn on the 21June and announced on Make Music Day.
• Prizes will be delivered to the four lucky schools.
Create NSW or Sponsors are not participating in the judging of the Surround Sound band competition.