BOSS has launched the GA-FC EX, a new foot controller for select BOSS amplifiers. The GA-FC EX provides enhanced floor control features and expanded functionality for supported amplifiers, which currently includes the four models in the Katana MkII series.
More Power and Flexibility: The GA-FC EX builds on the standard GA-FC with several enhanced features. Status LEDs with two colors make it easier to see changes when switching. And along with two dedicated expression pedal jacks, there’s an additional control jack with a three-way mode selector. It allows you to connect a third expression pedal or use the GA-FC EX for expanded applications.
Enhanced Performance Control for Katana MkII Amps: The mode selector on the GA-FC EX opens up powerful control capabilities with supported Katana MkII models.
Double Your Footswitches: Set the mode switch to EXPAND and connect an additional GA-FC EX or a standard GA-FC for even more floor control. With twice the footswitches, you have instant access to all memories and effects at once.
Operate Two Amps: If you use two Katana MkII amps in your setup, FOOT CONTROL 2 mode is for you. Connect one GA-FC EX via two cables to select memories and effects on both amps, either together or independently.
The following BOSS amplifiers support all GA-FC EX features.
• Katana-Artist MkII
• Katana-Head MkII
• Katana-100 MkII
• Katana-100/212 MkII
Future products with GA-FC EX support will be listed here as they become available.
The GA-FC EX can be used with the following BOSS and Roland products that support the GA-FC Foot Controller, but only standard GA-FC control functions are available.
• BOSS Katana-100, Katana-100/212, Katana-Head and Katana-Artist
• BOSS Nextone Special, Nextone Artist, and Nextone Stage
• BOSS Waza Tube Amp Expander
• BOSS Katana-210 Bass and Katana-110 Bass
• BOSS Acoustic Singer Pro and Acoustic Singer Live
• Roland Blues Cube Artist, Blues Cube Artist 212, and Blues Cube Tour
Specific features include:
• Six heavy-duty footswitches that provide direct control of ten unique functions
• Two colour LED for easy view of status, controlling channels or effects
• Two dedicated expression pedal jacks and an additional control jack with a three-way mode selector, allowing players to connect a third expression pedal or use the GA-FC EX for expanded applications
• EXPAND mode, which supports the connection of an additional GA-FC EX or a standard GA-FC for even more floor control
• FOOT CONTROL 2 mode for using two Katana MkII amps together, providing the ability to select memories and effects on both amps from a single floor controller