BOSS has revamped its popular guitar amplifier series with the Katana MkII Version 2 update, possessing a host of new effects and tone-shaping tools available in the companion BOSS Tone Studio software for macOS and Windows.
Users can shape their core tone with three different Contour settings, each with four customisable frequency curves to choose from. Moveable Solo and EQ blocks have been added to the FX Chain for enhanced lead guitar sounds and additional tonal adjustments. With the new update, users have even greater control of their direct sound with selectable microphone types and positions in the expanded Line Out cabinet IR options.
The Version 2 update is available as a free download at the product pages for supported Katana MkII models, which includes Katana-50 MkII, Katana-100 MkII, Katana-100/212 MkII, Katana-Head MkII and Katana-Artist MkII amplifiers.
KATANA MKII VERSION 2—NEW CREATIVE TOOLS
Version 2 elevates the expressive power of your amp with newly added tone-shaping tools available in the BOSS Tone Studio app.
• Contour Settings—Shape your core tone with three different Contour settings, each with four customisable frequency curves to choose from.
• New Solo Block in FX Chain—Refine your lead guitar voice with a moveable Solo block, which can be assigned for on/off control via an external footswitch or the GA-FC Foot Controller.
• New EQ Block in FX Chain—Moveable EQ block for additional tonal adjustment.
• Two New Effects—Centa OD (Booster block) and Solo EQ (Solo block).
• Three Global EQs—Fine-tune the overall sound for different guitars and styles.
• Expanded Cab IR Capabilities—The Line Out cabinet IR options now include selectable microphone types and positions, giving you greater control of your direct sound.
Note: Some Version 2 features were previously available in the original release of the Katana-Artist MkII model.