Pedaltrain introduces two new pedals, Daylight Overdrive and Nightlight Distortion.
“Daylight” is a symmetrical overdrive, on the brighter side (hence the name). It is a pleasantly dynamic, musical, and focused. Notice that as you back off the guitar’s volume pot the pedal cleans up.
“Nightlight” is on the darker side, asymmetrical, a more full-bodied, beefier, distortion sound. Again, this pedal is very dynamic and can play off of your guitar’s volume. The pedals can stand alone or work together, sort of like an overlapping pedal Venn diagram. We worked hard to make sure the sounds were musical and usable through the entire sweep of the controls.
• Made in the USA.
• Designed, built and tested in Nashville, Tennessee.
• True Bypass Switching. The devices use standard mechanical true-bypass switching.
• Switchcraft jacks
• Power is a standard 9-Volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm center-negative barrel. External power supply required; power supply not included.
• Current Draw: Less than 10 mA
• Length x Width x Height (incl. sockets, knobs, etc.): 4.92” x 2.62” x 2.23” (125 x 66.5 x 56.6 mm)
Pedaltrain products distributed in Australia by EGM.net.au
“Malibu Sunrise” is the first sample of Pedaltrain’s Daylight Overdrive and Nightlight Distortion pedals. The purpose of this track is to highlight the dynamics, texture, and touch-responsiveness of each pedal in a low-gain, thematic track. Later clips will explore the limits that these pedals can reach, set in different tracks and themes
1) The first few bars of the track establishes the clean tone.
2) Daylight enters the track at the 13 second mark.
Daylight settings: Level 2 o’clock / Drive 10 o’clock / Tone 11 o’clock
3) Nightlight enters the track at the 1m13sec mark.
Nightlight settings: Level 1 o’clock / Drive 9 o’clock / Tone 11 o’clock
About Jerry McPherson: With a discography spanning 35 years and more than 900 albums, Jerry McPherson is arguably one of the most in-demand Nashville session guitarists. Artists across genres and generations have long recognized Jerry’s confidence and hit-making power on guitar. Session credits include Kelly Clarkson, The Civil Wars, Chris Cornell of Soundgarden, Christina Aguilera, Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, The Doobie Brothers, Chris Martin of Coldplay, Insane Clown Posse, Tim McGraw, Keith Urban, Vince Gill, Don Henley, Josh Groban, Lady Antebellum, Cheap Trick, Chris Isaak, Dolly Parton, Faith Hill, Reba McEntire, Amy Grant, Martina McBride, and many others.