Roland and Boss Seek Guitar Product Manager
Sick of your routine job? Always had a passion for guitar equipment? Want a career in the music industry? An opportunity like this comes along once in a blue moon…
GUITAR PRODUCT MANAGER FOR LEADING MUSIC COMPANY
For more than 40 years, Roland and BOSS have produced innovative musical instruments that have inspired countless musicians – but we’re guessing you already knew that.
You would also be aware that Roland and BOSS sounds can be heard on numerous #1 hit songs and we’re sure you would have noticed the amount of Roland equipment being used – from the largest stadiums to the smallest garage band, from music schools and institutions to the best recording studios around the world.
In fact, like hundreds of millions of musicians around the world, we’re betting you have used Roland and BOSS gear at home, in the studio or live.
Based in Dee Why, Sydney, you will be surrounded by like-minded individuals who also have a passion for making music and get excited when Roland releases new products.
The job has the following key elements
• Work closely with established dealers (i.e. music stores), helping them produce and promote engaging content for their social media and website
• Have a thorough understanding of different marketing channels (eg website, blog, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram) and how to use them
• Provide product training and support for retail salespeople with hands-on ‘customer focused’ real world examples
• Work closely with artists, influencers and industry bodies • Monitor market conditions, competitive products and consumer sentiment; producing reports and making suggestions
• A commercial understanding of the role, accompanied by a belief that providing application based ‘value’ marketing will lead to sales
The successful applicant will have the following skills and be able to demonstrate their experience in each area;
• Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
• Thorough knowledge of guitar products and their market segments
• A good higher-level understanding of how to promote content on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc.), the back-end structures of these platforms and the language appropriate for each channel • Appreciation of a customer-centric marketing approach
• Reliable, proactive “whatever it takes” attitude that ensures deadlines and standards are met • Outstanding organizational and time management skills combined
• The ability to take ownership and responsibility for projects – it is essential that you are self-motivated and can work unsupervised to meet strict deadlines
Applications close on 31st January 2018
Pony Music Seeks Retail Manager
Pony Music is hiring staff. Retail Staff Member / Manager Pony Music is located in Hallam, Melbourne VIC. We are open 7 days a week. At Pony Music our vision is to see our clients achieve their musical goals and to help them along every step of the way. From buying their first instrument and learning how to play, to playing in a band and performing live through to recording their music. Our Music Complex in Hallam includes a Music Store, Rehearsal Studios, Recording Studio, PA Hire, Repairs and Music Lessons program. Our aim is to create and nurture a musical community that is active, caring and supportive.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and experienced Retail Store Assistant / Manager to be part of our music business.
We are looking for staff with the following experience:
• Retail experience preferably in music or related industry.
• A broad knowledge of musical instruments (guitar, bass, drums, pro-audio and keyboards).
• A high level of expertise on their instrument (ability to play more than one instrument is an advantage).
• Experience with helping a wide range of ages and levels – young children to adults, beginner to advanced and professional musicians in choosing instruments that are right for them.
• Experience in either Live Performance, Live Audio, Studio or Home Recording or all of the above.
• A general knowledge of music styles, current trends and music technologies.
• General Computer skills – email, word processor, POS system, Google Docs etc. • Drivers licence (desirable but not necessary)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Retail Store
• To deliver high quality advice to customers.
•Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers.
• Dealing with enquiries and taking bookings for our Studios, Music Lessons and PA Hire.
• Assisting rehearsal customers with PA system operation and setting up Backline
• Assisting PA Hire customers with pickup and return of equipment.
• General store tidiness and organisation.
• A warm and approachable personality towards customers of all ages.
• Applicant should be responsible, well organized and well presented.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Ability to communicate well with both customers, staff and management.
• Excellent communication, organisational and team player skills
• Applications with “other” skills that can be brought into the position will be highly regarded
• Example: web design/updates, promotion and marketing, graphic design, video editing, video production, guitar repairs etc.
• We are open to your additional skills you can bring to our company. Further days and times will become available to a suitable candidate. We are open 7 days a week and until Midnight on weeknights so shift times can and will be on weekends and nights.
* Looking for someone to step up and take ownership of their own position – not just a baby sitter for the store.
Previous retail management roles in Musical Instrument Retail or Music industry a big plus. We have work waiting for successful applicant, who knows this may be you.
Job Type: Casual with view to Part/Full Time for the right person.
Please forward a resume and cover letter outlining your experience via email to email@example.com